9.14.2014

Sacred geometry/Gothic rave: Marc by Marc Jacobs Spring/Summer 2015



Marc by Marc Jacobs Collection was engaging, and when I sit back and think, I’m intrigued. Many people are speaking of the collection as it being inspired by rave/punk culture.  Yet, I do see why. I tend to think of it on another level. There was this oversize button up shirt that really triggered my gears. I noticed that the designer duo Katie Hillier and Luella Bartley Peeked into scared geometry, which is explains laws of the universe covering Pythagorean geometry and the perceived relationships between geometrical laws that create the geometrical patterns in nature. You may see it coming in on a spiritual side of information about the universe. So, as I watched the models walk as strong down the runway I took more interest of how they played with geometry in a literal sense  using asymmetrical lines. Reading to the crowd that you’re not only extraordinarily unordinary, you can pull of the perception that you can have fun when coming to your wardrobe. They used innovative techniques when functioning on  prints that resembled street graffiti, layering, and clothing that appealed to have shapes that were very laid back.


Secondly, I noticed how the Designers both took an approach being political due to what is happening in the world. In my opinion, I felt that they may have been inspired by the economy; and world affairs that are betiding that gave me a revolutionary/Gothic vibe. Though, Politics are nothing new, You can see that occurring in many designers past and present collection. The way I see it there are a ton of issues, why not be inspired by ii.  If you were to ask me what pieces of clothing I would pull of the racks as we speak. I would point out both of these oversized pieces.

In addition, I do want to add how that I was quite shocked to see new designers taking place in the brand. I'm esteemed of them because they know how to take their ideas and be in a like mind of Mr. Marc himself.  What do you think about the duo so far? I know this isn't their first collection when it coming to working on this brand. 


Other looks I loved.









In a bunch, I thought of this song for the collection itself. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate comments from fellow bloggers, and readers. I also adore what you guys/ladies write.


' Follow my blog with Bloglovin


and every subscribe by email to keep up with the latest updates

Thank you !
xoxo